Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."
– from Harry Potter -
© Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society 2020. All rights reserved.
Check out our upcoming events on our 25th Anniversary Event page HERE.
It's a given that we are in challenging times!
The arts are important to Albertans because the arts act as a bridge that bring divided people together. We believe that this year, more than any other, we need that. Its been a difficult and challenging time for many people due to the corona virus pandemic - with lots of political strife, lots of disagreements, and lots of fighting. The arts have unique way of bringing about a sense of community and connecting people in a way that would otherwise not see themselves as neighbours.
Our organization would not be where it is today without the support from our loyal fans, followers and over two hundred volunteer actors and alumni throughout the past quarter century. Because of this support, we continue to give back to the community that gave to us.
What can you do to support Break-A-Leg Theatre moving forward?
There are many ways you can help us:
- Purchase a 25th Anniversary membership ($25 for the season) for our upcoming season, even though we're in a holding pattern right now and it may require some adjustments, our season will be happening. Anyone purchasing a 25th Anniversary membership will also receive a 25th Anniversary Passport that is eligible to win some great prize giveaways throughout the year. Click HERE to purchase your membership today!
- Businesses can participate in our member benefits - business program. Click HERE
- Reach out to your elected officials and let them know how important live arts, made in your community, are to you as a voter.
- Enjoy our online experiences. Like us on Facebook and keep up-to-date on programming, fundraisers, events and classes we will be doing while we wait to come together for our regular programming.
- Be a Break-A-Leg Theatre ambassador! Encourage others to invest in theatre by purchasing a membership, making a donation, becoming a board member, volunteering at our shows or by purchasing show tickets when they become available!
Break-A-Leg Theatre and the COVID pandemic
Break-A-Leg Theatre - BOARD RECRUITMENT
We are a small board of men and women dedicated to live theatre in Hinton and we are currently looking to recruit 2-3 new Board members for our upcoming season starting late September. We will be holding an AGM in September to recap the past year!
We have worked well together through the years creating the best possible seasons for everyone involved, actors and audience members of all ages and abilities.
- Do you need to have a background in theatre to be on our Board? No, of course not!
- Do you need to have previous Board experience? Definitely not!
- Also, Board members are not required to ever make an appearance on stage (but it's always fun when they do)!
- In your commitment to Break-A-Leg Theatre as a Board member, you can expect 1-2 hours per month at a regular Board meeting (we don't meet in July or December)
- Plus any volunteer hours you are willing to help out with during the production season (selling/taking tickets at the shows at The Path, set up/tear down, etc). It's about what you can do, when you can do it.
“This is the best Board experience that I have ever received. Don't let your past Board experience (or lack there of) interfere with you considering being a part of something that is truly special. Many of us currently on the Board have been a part of the Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society for a few years because of the flexibility of the volunteer commitments and the consistency of information being shared.” - Christina Oliver
If you have any questions, or if you are considering being a part of our Board,
or Maureen at (780) 817-8872.