Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."
– from Harry Potter -
Dickens of a Christmas Carol - 2007
© Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society 2021. All rights reserved.
Break-A-Leg Theatre - BOARD RECRUITMENT
We are a small board of men and women dedicated to live theatre in Hinton and we are currently looking to recruit 2-3 new Board members for our upcoming season starting late September. We will be holding an AGM in September to recap the past year!
We have worked well together through the years creating the best possible seasons for everyone involved, actors and audience members of all ages and abilities.
- Do you need to have a background in theatre to be on our Board? No, of course not!
- Do you need to have previous Board experience? Definitely not!
- Also, Board members are not required to ever make an appearance on stage (but it's always fun when they do)!
- In your commitment to Break-A-Leg Theatre as a Board member, you can expect 1-2 hours per month at a regular Board meeting (we don't meet in July or December)
- Plus any volunteer hours you are willing to help out with during the production season (selling/taking tickets at the shows at The Path, set up/tear down, etc). It's about what you can do, when you can do it.
“This is the best Board experience that I have ever received. Don't let your past Board experience (or lack there of) interfere with you considering being a part of something that is truly special. Many of us currently on the Board have been a part of the Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society for a few years because of the flexibility of the volunteer commitments and the consistency of information being shared.” - Christina Oliver
If you have any questions, or if you are considering being a part of our Board,
or Maureen at (780) 817-8872.
We are back together again!
Break-A-Leg Theatre is excited to announce their upcoming 26th theatre season after a lengthy hiatus due to the Covid 19 outbreak that brought our 25th Anniversary season to a standstill forcing us to cancel all of our shows.
In June of 2021, a Zoom production meeting was held to determine the lineup of our upcoming season. Here is a look at the shows that we are planning:
We will be at the Town of Hinton's Registration & Information Fair on Wednesday, September 8th at the Hinton Centre. At this event you will be able to register your child (ages 9 - 17 years) in our popular Jr/Sr Drama after school program for our Christmas production of "The Christmas Corral" a spoof on Dicken's "A Christmas Carol". We will also be selling tickets to our season opener "All Together Now!" - a musical revue fundraiser showcasing songs from a number of Music Theatre International's great musicals.
New year...new show!
Registrations for our JR/SR Drama out of school program
are NOW OPEN!
Click on the "Jr/Sr Drama Registration" tab above!