Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."
– from Harry Potter -
© Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts Society 2020. All rights reserved.
BAL Theatre celebrating 25th Anniversary in 2020-2021!
Break-A-Leg Theatre Arts has taken this downtime to begin planning for its 25th Anniversary Season that will begin in September 2020. The board has some great ideas on their upcoming season (see below) along with some great celebratory events and fundraisers. Click the Follow us on Facebook button above and like our page to receive the latest news on what we are up to - including upcoming virtual readings, registrations for classes and where and when to get tickets for upcoming productions.
Click on any of the images below for a larger image.
Check out our upcoming events on our 25th Anniversary Event page HERE.
It's a given that we are in challenging times!
Considering the administration, technicians and artists involved with our annual programming, as well as the uncertainty of what the reopening under Stage 3 of the relaunch plans will look like, we ask that you view our season line-up as a tentative schedule. Nothing has been set in stone. Our plans for moving forward still have to occur. We have been working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that our approach to relaunching our season is one that is safe for everyone involved and within all regulations set forth by Alberta Health Society, the Province, the Municipality and our venue operators.
You may ask, "Why can't you just open with reduced capacity and physical distancing?" Well, there are many factors to consider, one being that most of our productions are suitable for a large stage with a full audience. As a non-profit theatre organization, we don’t expect that each production is a profitable venture, however, we do plan that our audience sizes be large enough over the run of a production to cover the costs associated with that production. Under normal circumstances, seating capacity at the Performing Arts Theatre of Hinton (PATH) is intimate at 160 seats. A 50% reduction in audience size, once physical distancing was taken into account, would make certain productions economically impossible to produce.
What can I do to support Break-A-Leg Theatre moving forward?
There are so many ways you can help us make it through these very challenging times:
- Purchase a 25th Anniversary membership ($25 for the season) for our upcoming season, even though we're in a holding pattern right now and it may require some adjustments, our season will be happening. Anyone purchasing a 25th Anniversary membership will also receive a 25th Anniversary Passport that is eligible to win some great prize giveaways throughout the year. Click HERE to purchase your membership today!
- Businesses can participate in our member benefits - business program. Click HERE
- Reach out to your elected officials and let them know how important live arts, made in your community, are to you as a voter.
- Enjoy our online experiences. Like us on Facebook and keep up-to-date on programming, fundraisers, events and classes we will be doing while we wait to come together for our regular programming.
- Be a Break-A-Leg Theatre ambassador! Encourage others to invest in theatre by purchasing a membership, making a donation, becoming a board member, volunteering at our shows or by purchasing show tickets when they become available!
Break-A-Leg Theatre and the COVID pandemic